Thursday, April 29, 2010

The right brand of coffee

I love coffee. I also enjoy a good conversation. And I'm certainly not immune to a spot of conservation.

So you can imagine my delight when I came across these takeaway coffee cups at the newly refurbished café at Centennial Park.



They're a great reminder of the natural environment and the wildlife with whom we share the park, as well as a reassuring piece of communication in a world where all too often cost and convenience erase all signs of character.

Now, if only someone could design a better lid.

3 comments:

  1. It's still a disposable cup that's very unlikely to get recycled though, isn't it? If you really want to help preserve the environment, carry one of these puppies around: www.keepcup.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I couldn't agree more. And the KeepCup is a great idea that helps preserve the environment at minimal effort and cost.

    Black Star in Newtown, for example, sell KeepCups in their cafe, and they actively encourage their use by rewarding people who bring their own (reusable) cup with reduced prices.

    That said, Centennial Park are pretty good at recycling, and I'd like to think that enough of their takeaway cups make it into their recycling bins to minimise the negative impact.

    ReplyDelete